Fabreeka Structural Thermal Break
Structural Thermal Break Properties and Uses:
Depending upon the size and thickness, Fabreeka pad can ultimately withstand loads up to 12,000 psi. Normally, compression stresses are designed not to exceed 2,000 psi to extend service life and reduce permanent set. Fabreeka pad has a relatively high damping rate of 14% of critical, twice the value of damping for natural rubber and unreinforced elastomers. Fabreeka pad has very high energy storage per unit volume, which makes it ideal for shock isolation.
One of the advantages of the reinforced, laminated design is the reduction of additional deflection due to creep under static load. Creep is limited to approximately 5% of the original pad thickness. When stresses are removed, the permanent set is also limited to approximately 5%.
- Fabreeka pad meets or exceeds the MIL-C-882 and MIL-E-5272 military specifications.
- Fabreeka pad is impervious to most oils & is resistant to the effects of steam, water, mildew & brine.
- The effective temperature range is -65°F to 200°F.
- The durometer of the Fabreeka pad is 90+/-5 (Shore A).
Why Choose Fabreeka-TIM® structural thermal break?
- Made in the USA
- ASTM Certified
- Meets UL certification
- ROHS II compliant
- Used to achieve LEED certification
- Enhances building envelope performance
- Aids in meeting ASHRAE 90.1 and 189.1 energy standards
- Independently tested and certified to published specifications
- Lot Control – repeatable, certified product every time
- In-house Quality Control
- Stock on hand in 1/4″ (6.4mm), 1/2″ (12.7mm), 1” (25.4mm) for quick turnaround times
- Also available in 3/4” (19.1mm) and 2” (50.8mm) thick
- Precise, smooth cutting by water jet
- Application engineers available for technical support
- Best value added thermal break solution for shear connections to help lower energy costs
- Exceptional customer service and follow up
- Thermally efficient, energy-saving construction
- Eliminates potential condensation and mold
- High load capacity maintains structural integrity
- Low thermal conductivity reduces heat loss
Fabreeka-TIM® material is supplied in sheets or cut to size per customer drawings/specifications and is available in thicknesses of 1/4″, 1/2″ and 1″. It is also supplied as thermal break washers for the bolted connections between external and internal steelwork.
Please see our Fabreeka-TIM® catalog and design guide for mechanical and thermal properties.
Structural Thermal Break, Thermal Insulation Material (TIM)
Fabreeka’s structural thermal break pad / connection, or thermal insulation material (Fabreeka-TIM®), is manufactured from a fiberglass-reinforced laminate composite. The properties of this material provide a thermally efficient, energy-saving product that prevents thermal bridging in structural connections. Fabreeka-TIM® is a load bearing “thermal break” used between flanged steel connections. The primary benefit is that it maintains structural integrity while reducing heat loss.
fabreeka structural thermal break
We proudly sell the full line of Fabreeka vibration and thermal break products across Canada. If you are looking for genuine Fabreeka products in Canada look no further. Contact us today 800 580 4195 for a no obligation free quote.